QUOTE FOR THIS MOMENT:

" There is nothing for you to go back and live over, or fix, or feel regret about now. Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so --now -- knowing all that you know from where you now stand, now what do you want? The answers are now coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it.." - Abraham via Jerry and Esther Hicks



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from this dreamer girl. Make your own badge here.


Youniverse Personality TestYouniverse Personality Test
  • My lists!
    Check em out!
  • My Space Profile
    It's Kerilyn!
  • Etsy - My online shop!!!!
    Benchmarks!!To the masses!!!!
  • My Tumblr List
    Attempts to be more social!
  • A Show of Hands
    My First Shop here in Alexandria!
  • Faces Day Spa!
    Hilton Head, SC
  • MY AUNTIES WEBSITE!!!
    It Runs in the Family!!!
  • The Paper Doll
    A Kindred Spirit for Sure!
  • Kyra's Brilliance
    Kyra's Blog/Creative Entries
  • WhyKyra.com
    Kyra's portfolio site
  • HAPPY NEWS!!! 24 HOURS A DAY!!!
    When your tired of who's right and wrong..and who's hurting who...
  • PostSecret
    Anonyomous Secrets - Postcard Style!!!
    Some of them are VERY heavy.. beware!
  • Wish Jar Journal
    You'll find inspiration here!!
  • Kim's Suitcase
    Check out her illustrations,her journal, and her photos!!SO inspiring!
  • Johanna Wright
    Talented Artist Chic..
  • Washington Post
    Article on the Art Community in Washington DC
  • Explorations
  • High/Low

    Daily goings on in my consistantly metamorphasizing life.. trying to figure life out.. as it throws me around a bit. Enjoy!

    "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

    Wednesday, June 08, 2005

    High/Low 6.8.05

    yep yep yep...

    hey, how ya doin? OK, I've procrastinated enough this morning.. so I gotta type fast.. What's goin on? Anything? It's officially summer here.. in the 90's.. and humid! (eww) it's WEDNESDAY!!!

    Ok.. 1. I am meeting with the woman from the National Building Museum on Thursday at 5pm to fill out paperwork.. prior to my first volunteering exploration.. on Sunday from 1-4... I'm psyched!!! (and a little nervous? why is that? hmm..gotta think on that.)

    2. I went to the store where I wanted to sell my cards.. where I talked to the owner last week, sheepishly, and left (3) of my cards.. well, I went in there yesterday.. she said she loved my illustrations.. and she loved my cards but she thought they were too "deep" and that if i make them a bit lighter.. to bring them back. I completely disagree with her about the capacity for her customers to handle the depth of my cards. I wondered if she said that because I suggested her to buy my cards out right.. and not on consignment.. I drove away.. thinking "she liked my drawings" (which, is funny cause I still do not consider myself a talented artist by ANY means) but i didn't even consider the option that she would think my cards are too "deep". I want to think about it more.. I mean.. do i compromise the integrity of my cards.. just to satisfy one person.. or do I remain true to what the message of my cards say.. Is this just my ego? Anyway.. I made a bold move last nite.. I called her, left a message, saying that I was wondering if I brought the cards in, on consignment, for just a week, if she'd be interested.. who knows if she'll call back.. maybe I pushed her too far.. but what do I have to lose? exactly... nothing. relatively...

    3. I was also inspired to email an artist that i admire.. who makes the most beautiful pieces of art.. www.bonesigharts.com Terri is her name.. I love her story.. and her family... and just her passion... I emailed her about if she could and would give me any advice about going to the stores.. how to approach things.. and she wrote me back!!! i'm psyched.. that I could have an experienced artist in my corner.. helping me along while I dive into the unknown.. rockin!!! Thanks Terri!!!

    4. I am registered for the Digital Photography class!!! I am SO excited (and nervous??) to learn what my camera can do.. and how I can take artistic photos and such.. for 3 Saturdays in July.. i will be actually IN the Corcoran.. as a student.. and hopefully can send energy to the opportunity for me to eventually work there...

    5. I also submitted my resume for an Assistant Registrar Position at the Corcoran... Is it exactly what i want to do? no.. but it could be a way in... I wrote a nice little letter to the woman who i had a meeting with.. back in October.. about how I'm not giving up on the future possibility of me being a part of the Corcoran. She wrote back saying that she enjoyed meeting me and my continued interest.. we'll see..

    6. Naomi and I went on a bike ride last nite.. I am really getting to enjoy going bike riding.. i didn't want to go to the gym and push my ankle.. so the bike ride was perfect! We stopped off at the Animal Shelter.. I visited all the kitties.. oh.. I want ALL the kitties!!!! I wish Pez would be receptive to another kitty.. (uh no.. she's an only child/kitty.. and i'm SURE likes it that way)

    Want to suggest a really good book to ya'll.. Now I'm into meditation.. which facilitates this more easily I'm guessing.. but i"m sure you could do creative visualizations in your car, on the metro, etc.. http://www.soulfulliving.com/creative_visualization.htm "As you think.. so shall you be"

    Ok.. eek.. gotta go get ready!!! Have a great day!!!
    Ancora Imparo "I am still learning" in Latin
    Kerilyn

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home