QUOTE FOR THIS MOMENT:

" There is nothing for you to go back and live over, or fix, or feel regret about now. Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so --now -- knowing all that you know from where you now stand, now what do you want? The answers are now coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it.." - Abraham via Jerry and Esther Hicks



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from this dreamer girl. Make your own badge here.


Youniverse Personality TestYouniverse Personality Test
  • My lists!
    Check em out!
  • My Space Profile
    It's Kerilyn!
  • Etsy - My online shop!!!!
    Benchmarks!!To the masses!!!!
  • My Tumblr List
    Attempts to be more social!
  • A Show of Hands
    My First Shop here in Alexandria!
  • Faces Day Spa!
    Hilton Head, SC
  • MY AUNTIES WEBSITE!!!
    It Runs in the Family!!!
  • The Paper Doll
    A Kindred Spirit for Sure!
  • Kyra's Brilliance
    Kyra's Blog/Creative Entries
  • WhyKyra.com
    Kyra's portfolio site
  • HAPPY NEWS!!! 24 HOURS A DAY!!!
    When your tired of who's right and wrong..and who's hurting who...
  • PostSecret
    Anonyomous Secrets - Postcard Style!!!
    Some of them are VERY heavy.. beware!
  • Wish Jar Journal
    You'll find inspiration here!!
  • Kim's Suitcase
    Check out her illustrations,her journal, and her photos!!SO inspiring!
  • Johanna Wright
    Talented Artist Chic..
  • Washington Post
    Article on the Art Community in Washington DC
  • Explorations
  • High/Low

    Daily goings on in my consistantly metamorphasizing life.. trying to figure life out.. as it throws me around a bit. Enjoy!

    "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

    Monday, July 18, 2005

    High/Low 7.17.05

    Hey there folks..

    How are ya? Good weekend? It was absolutely, positively the most humid weekend of the year so far. Oh my.. walking outside my glasses would fog up. We have to be cautious to spend too much time doing active thing outside in humidity like this.. heat exhaustion.

    Friday nite, my sister and I had a GREAT time going out to this amazing meal at one of the sister restaurants of TenPenh called Ceiba. Wow.. some awesome food! Kristine did a great job tasting food, trying new things! We were fed like Kings! Then Peter took us to this live jazz club (that was WAY too expensive to get in) but it was nice listening to jazz.. I really enjoy live jazz.. it's awesome to see how 'into it' the musicians get.

    Remember I wrote that something was wrong with my digital camera? yea.. It is broken. I am quite annoyed by this. It's like the connection between the batteries and the camera short circuits after a minute of it being on.. IF it comes on.. I was on the phone with someone in Manilla named 'Matthew' for Kodak to get it returned. Ugh.. takes 5-7 days to fix..

    My digital photography class isn't turning out to be what I expected. The class is too big.. and the class has ended up being how to alter your photos in Photoshop rather than how to take photos (aperature, ISO, shutter speeds) I already know enough to alter photos.. it's how to take them in different lighting, etc.. that I was looking to experience. I learned a few new things so I am grateful for that.. but all in all, I think a bust. oh well, at least I tried it, and at least I spent time in the Corcoran.. the place where I want to be.

    Saturday nite, Naomi and our friend Marge came over. I made dinner and we chatted about life and Marge's trip to Spain.. and ultimately about my cards. I've come to the conclusion that it's really not that it's not that I don't know what I'm doing, it's that I'm not doing.. what I'm supposed to be doing in order to have all these cards made for Art on the Avenue. Ugh. This week I want to start chugging them out (but I say this all the time)

    Yesterday Peter and I went out to visit my mom. I'm telling you.. she looks great! She's getting around.. and has lost a bit of weight too (to be expected) but all the pain medicine she is on.. is causing her some discomfort with her tummy. So her back is healing.. but her tummy is hurting. Made me sad to see a little. Peter made dinner and we just hung out last nite.

    The girl who was supposed to come look at the spare room cancelled today. Wants to live in DC. It's kinda turning out that maybe I'm not supposed to have a roommate at this time. The few people who have responded have ended up cancelling because they found something else. I've shown the room to 2 guys so far.. both seemed disinterested (and they didn't seem like a good fit anyway) but still... Maybe I forget the roommate thing for now. Hmm..

    I got up Sunday morning when hearing the sound of my neighbor turning on their lawn mower. I thought " I want to mow!" I quickly put on some clothes (considering the severe humidity) and found that the grass was too wet to mow. So I started pulling weeds from the front yard. Whoa.. I was sweating so hard! YUCK!!! I've made some head way with the weeds.. but SO much more to do and it's too hot to spend too much time out there. I have to get this yard in order for the party next month.

    I am grateful for today. I am grateful for everything I have and know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I am still learning.

    Kerilyn
    ancora imparo

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home