QUOTE FOR THIS MOMENT:

" There is nothing for you to go back and live over, or fix, or feel regret about now. Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so --now -- knowing all that you know from where you now stand, now what do you want? The answers are now coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it.." - Abraham via Jerry and Esther Hicks



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from this dreamer girl. Make your own badge here.


Youniverse Personality TestYouniverse Personality Test
  • My lists!
    Check em out!
  • My Space Profile
    It's Kerilyn!
  • Etsy - My online shop!!!!
    Benchmarks!!To the masses!!!!
  • My Tumblr List
    Attempts to be more social!
  • A Show of Hands
    My First Shop here in Alexandria!
  • Faces Day Spa!
    Hilton Head, SC
  • MY AUNTIES WEBSITE!!!
    It Runs in the Family!!!
  • The Paper Doll
    A Kindred Spirit for Sure!
  • Kyra's Brilliance
    Kyra's Blog/Creative Entries
  • WhyKyra.com
    Kyra's portfolio site
  • HAPPY NEWS!!! 24 HOURS A DAY!!!
    When your tired of who's right and wrong..and who's hurting who...
  • PostSecret
    Anonyomous Secrets - Postcard Style!!!
    Some of them are VERY heavy.. beware!
  • Wish Jar Journal
    You'll find inspiration here!!
  • Kim's Suitcase
    Check out her illustrations,her journal, and her photos!!SO inspiring!
  • Johanna Wright
    Talented Artist Chic..
  • Washington Post
    Article on the Art Community in Washington DC
  • Explorations
  • High/Low

    Daily goings on in my consistantly metamorphasizing life.. trying to figure life out.. as it throws me around a bit. Enjoy!

    "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

    Wednesday, August 31, 2005

    High/Low 8.31.05 BIG DAY!!!!


    Hey ya'll...

    What? Either noone reads my high/low anymore.. or my website is SO good that I doesn't need tweeking. If you get a chance.. will you take a peek and let me know what you like and what you'd make changes to (constructive criticism I'd like to call it) I'd really appreciate your feedback.

    Yesterday was a BUSY day.. and a very eventful day... I had 3 appointments for work yesterday.. 2 in DC and one out by my parents house.. so i wasn't in the office but maybe 30 minutes... I have a LOT of work to do today and tomorrow before I go on vacation for 5 days.. but I am hopeful that with some focus.. I WILL get everything accomplished!

    I went to visit my parents after my last appointment.. my mom's body chose itself to have rhumatoid arthritis in her feet and hands. She's been off her R.A. medicine for 2 months now because of the surgery/other medications... and somehow her body chose to react to the R.A. She has an appointment with the R.A. doctor today, so we will know more.. but she's in a bit of pain. I send her love.. and surround her with her highest good today.. If you know my mom..even if you don't.. will you surround her with love for a moment.. She could use it.

    It was a bit challenging to see my mom in pain.. I am conflicted because i see her in pain.. but I know that there is WAY more in this world than what we see and feel.. and i know that her pain can be healed. I know that when I have the flu.. i might not be consciously be thinking "Heal thyself" (well... maybe I would) but I am conflicted.. one side I know she can conquer her pain.. and the other side of me knows that pain, albeit a metaphor for something within, is not fun or comfortable.

    It was a challenge to be home.. watching the devastation from the Hurricane.. My boss said.. "Why are you not going to Savannah. The hurricane missed Savannah by a long shot!" I thought about reconsidering... and thought.. I do not think I should be flitting around enjoying myself.. when others don't have homes and/or are missing their family... No... I will meditate this weekend for those affected... and send light.. that's my plight.

    ok.. you ready for the BIG BIG news??? BIG.. HUGE.. ENORMOUS!!!!!! Ready?? ok.

    I spent the evening test driving and looking at cars with Peter... I test drove a few cars... both Toyota and VW.. and I put the paperwork thru to find out what my payments would be on a 2001 Jetta. Yes.. this is me.. Kerilyn Fox... actually considering the possiblity of buying my first car... big decision??? you BET your sweet patootie it is.. I will not say that I am not nervous... for i have never owned my own car before (anything significant for that matter) but my Toyota Camry.. with 194,000 miles.. I know.. is nearing the end of her life.. and if not.. our Sunday bout of my car not starting is enough to get me searching.... So.... after many hours in the dealership.. finding out that I don't have the worst credit in the world ( a BIG thing to hear for this kerilyn girl) and finding out how much my insurance would cost... the whole kitten cabootle... the dealer let me take the car home to test drive for the day... WOW... WOW WOW WOW.... i dont' think i've ever really driven anything other than my families cars.. for any significant period of time.. This Jetta.. 50,000 miles.. RED.. Manual (stick)... V6 (ok.. i don't drive fast.. but this thing has POWER!) and a 6 CD changer in the trunk ( we didn't know about till we drove it off the lot last nite) I have today to think about it.. to drive it.. Who knows.. maybe the whole purpose of Angela coming is so I can take on this challenge. For more than half of her rent.. would go to my car payment and insurance... I have to think long and hard today.. i meditated on it.. in my meditation.. my grandpa's presence was near.. it made me cry... i cried for a while.. I got some good thoughts from him.... thank you grandpa..

    Anyway... here is a pic.. from my front door.. I am ok to walk away from this... knowing that I accomplished something.. I can buy a car. Here is the proof.. I have been nervous for so long.. but I am ready or almost ready (depending on what i choose) to take this leap... I do not wish to succumb to the fears.. I need to be practical.. but not to let the good in this situation to be underfelt...

    So.. I have a BUSY BUSY BUSY day ahead of me... my mind will be RACING...... so you know where to get a hold of me.. if you want to send me notes of encouragement.. I need my peeps... that's you..

    ok.. gotta run... thanks for listening.
    onward and upward.
    ancora imparo "I am still learning" in Latin
    Kerilyn

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Keri, Hopefully you'll read this before your mom's appointment. Tell your mom to her her RA doc about remicade. I get it for my crohns and it is also used for RA. It has kept me pain free for 5 years now and in remission. It can't hurt to ask about it. It is an infusion that I get every 6 weeks I don't know how often you would get it with the RA but my quality of life is so much better with it. Love you and miss you lots.

    9:40 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sometimes the mental obstacles you install on yourself amaze me...why wuld your credit not be good, u don't have college debt and are always 2 scared to make major purchases, till this year w/ 1) a computer and hopefully 2) a car..u should get some familiarity w/ income threatening purchases if u ever want to buy a home, which i know is on your agenda...
    u shouldn't be enjoying life while people don't have homes and/or are missing their family? what a crock, there are millions of people living in those conditions 24-7-365, in america, rio de janero, rwanda, etc, etc...but u feel a need 2 sacrifice b/c some people w/ the ability to CHOOSE where to live are TEMPORARILY displaced...it's not like nobody knew it was coming....
    the thing about angela arriving was what occurred to me when u told me the amount of the payment...fortuitous timing...or destined, either way, it sounds like a good idea...how long are payments?

    11:22 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    By the way, If the car that you still have is the one from high school.......GET A NEW CAR KERI!!! Jeesh let her go you can't keep her forever. And this new one looks nice. Take a chance. Be brave.

    12:44 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home