QUOTE FOR THIS MOMENT:

" There is nothing for you to go back and live over, or fix, or feel regret about now. Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so --now -- knowing all that you know from where you now stand, now what do you want? The answers are now coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it.." - Abraham via Jerry and Esther Hicks



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from this dreamer girl. Make your own badge here.


Youniverse Personality TestYouniverse Personality Test
  • My lists!
    Check em out!
  • My Space Profile
    It's Kerilyn!
  • Etsy - My online shop!!!!
    Benchmarks!!To the masses!!!!
  • My Tumblr List
    Attempts to be more social!
  • A Show of Hands
    My First Shop here in Alexandria!
  • Faces Day Spa!
    Hilton Head, SC
  • MY AUNTIES WEBSITE!!!
    It Runs in the Family!!!
  • The Paper Doll
    A Kindred Spirit for Sure!
  • Kyra's Brilliance
    Kyra's Blog/Creative Entries
  • WhyKyra.com
    Kyra's portfolio site
  • HAPPY NEWS!!! 24 HOURS A DAY!!!
    When your tired of who's right and wrong..and who's hurting who...
  • PostSecret
    Anonyomous Secrets - Postcard Style!!!
    Some of them are VERY heavy.. beware!
  • Wish Jar Journal
    You'll find inspiration here!!
  • Kim's Suitcase
    Check out her illustrations,her journal, and her photos!!SO inspiring!
  • Johanna Wright
    Talented Artist Chic..
  • Washington Post
    Article on the Art Community in Washington DC
  • Explorations
  • High/Low

    Daily goings on in my consistantly metamorphasizing life.. trying to figure life out.. as it throws me around a bit. Enjoy!

    "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

    Sunday, December 11, 2005

    My First Official Public Forum!!! - A Show of Hands!!!

    Hey everyone!!!

    I am SO excited to tell you that as of yesterday.... my cards can now be bought at a local art shop here in Alexandria, VA!!!! I had mentioned before turkey day.. that I went into this shop and showed my cards to the owner... well I went there yesterday.. with 7 different cards, 5 of each and signed my first "consignment agreement" laying out payment,etc..

    We'll see how they do.. especially at this time of the year! I predict good things to come! The shop is a small shop.. of all local art! I am SO psyched.. I felt so amazing talking to the owner about my cards.. and how she was going to display them! Wow!!! I felt so amazing!

    I of course COMPLETELY forgot to get their business card.. in the maylay of my excitement..and I don't think they currently have a website up.. but I found this little article about the Grand Opening.. I'll have to keep you updated.. I'm selling my cards for $3.00 a card to the shop (consignment pricing since the shop is doing me a favor by selling them) and they'll upcharge them to the public and sell them.. and as they're sold.. they'll send me a check, with a list of the cards that sold (I predict 2 of each card a month.. maybe 3) So we'll see!!!!! Wow.. who knew... that my one card that I created to help me get thru a period of feeling alone.. could now be in the hands of other people who feel the same way!!!

    Anyway.. here's the little article!!! Funny.. I've had many dealings with Pat Miller from Art on the Avenue.. funny that the title of the article is named AOTA everyday.... woo hoo!

    "Art on the Avenue everyday!

    "A Show of Hands," a new retail store, located at 2204 Mt. Vernon Avenue, showcasing original art in Del Ray, will hold their grand opening Sunday, December 3rd, from 3-6:00 PM. The store, owned by Pat Miller and Maria Wasowski, will sell original art from local artists.

    "We're hopeful that we can provide the community original fine crafts and art hand-made by local artists," said Pat. The shop will consign with artists to sell their work. "We are hopeful local artists will consign with us so we can show the public what great works our artists create."

    That's ME!!!!!! I'm a hopeful local artist!!!! :) Kerilyn with PERMAGRIN!!!!

    4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's awesome news Kerilyn! Way to persevere!!

    7:36 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This truly is amazing news! Congrats Kerilyn! You deserve it!

    9:36 PM  
    Blogger Kyra said...

    Very cool! Exciting stuff! :)

    9:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
    this is good stuff, only the first of many stores, i'm sure...how much is the total price of the card going to be???

    11:49 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home