QUOTE FOR THIS MOMENT:

" There is nothing for you to go back and live over, or fix, or feel regret about now. Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so --now -- knowing all that you know from where you now stand, now what do you want? The answers are now coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it.." - Abraham via Jerry and Esther Hicks



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from this dreamer girl. Make your own badge here.


Youniverse Personality TestYouniverse Personality Test
  • My lists!
    Check em out!
  • My Space Profile
    It's Kerilyn!
  • Etsy - My online shop!!!!
    Benchmarks!!To the masses!!!!
  • My Tumblr List
    Attempts to be more social!
  • A Show of Hands
    My First Shop here in Alexandria!
  • Faces Day Spa!
    Hilton Head, SC
  • MY AUNTIES WEBSITE!!!
    It Runs in the Family!!!
  • The Paper Doll
    A Kindred Spirit for Sure!
  • Kyra's Brilliance
    Kyra's Blog/Creative Entries
  • WhyKyra.com
    Kyra's portfolio site
  • HAPPY NEWS!!! 24 HOURS A DAY!!!
    When your tired of who's right and wrong..and who's hurting who...
  • PostSecret
    Anonyomous Secrets - Postcard Style!!!
    Some of them are VERY heavy.. beware!
  • Wish Jar Journal
    You'll find inspiration here!!
  • Kim's Suitcase
    Check out her illustrations,her journal, and her photos!!SO inspiring!
  • Johanna Wright
    Talented Artist Chic..
  • Washington Post
    Article on the Art Community in Washington DC
  • Explorations
  • High/Low

    Daily goings on in my consistantly metamorphasizing life.. trying to figure life out.. as it throws me around a bit. Enjoy!

    "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

    Thursday, July 21, 2005

    High/Low 7.21.05

    Hiety ho everyone.

    How are you? I feel good today.. it's thursday in this snowglobe of days, weeks and months.. it's almost August.. whoa. Yesterday was another hot one but there was some breezes.. I hear that this summer has been a brutal one, from people that I work with.. but I think in the history of summer temperatures, it's been fairly normal.. Some hot days.. some cold fronts which bring in a few cooler days. At least in this area anyway.. it's not been without rain for months at a time.. the grass and trees are actually green where you look.. not brown.. so in that respect it's been a good summer.

    I want to thank Phyllis for her comment on my high/low yesterday.. VERY nice to hear your support honey! Yesterday in my attempt at trying to figure out where I would go, besides my parents house which I would honestly use as a last resort, I talked to my aunt about considering the possiblity of me moving to Phoenix for a few months. This wouldn't happen for a while.. 6 months or so.. but I need to see if it's feasible. I also emailed my friend Autumn about going to Texas for a while. Both of them seemed to be up for it. Feels quite liberating to know that I have choices besides the ones I live day in and day out. When I got the sense that this is possible.. of course I felt a little fearful of actually doing this.. but that's why I have to see if I can do it.. to conquer my fear! We'll see.. I'm in research mode right now. I talked to my favorite store here, Pulp (www.pulpdc.com) they aren't hiring.. oh well.. we'll keep trying.

    I have an interview tonite at the Art Institute of Washington. Who knows what's going to happen.. too soon to tell. Maybe I'll take this job and love it.. wouldn't that be nice. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow..

    check out this AWESOME blog that Kyra sent to me yesterday.. I love it!!! Called "Wish Jar Journal!!!! I think you'll find inspiration here!!! http://www.kerismith.com/blog/

    CONTEST TIME!!! CONTEST TIME!!!!!

    Ok.. my bestest friend Naomi is working diligently to get a Comedy showcase/talk show started in this old Theater that acts both as showing movies, and hosting performances. Well she talked to the owner about hosting Comics.. and intermingling the comedy with jazz performances and local interviews. It seems that there is a date out there, a Premiere night for this showcase, on August 4th (Still to be set in stone) and Naomi Asked me if I would ask you all if you'd help her come up with a title for the showcase. There is a PRIZE!!!! (you hear that???) Naomi will give out $50 dollars to the person who comes up with a snappy title for the showcase.. The winner will be the one that's title actually get's used as a headline for the show.. and it's marketing, etc..

    This is what Naomi said the theme to this showcase is... If you can think of an interesting and creative name.. why don't you leave a comment on here.. I probably will remind you all of this contest a few times.. just to keep your creative juices flowing...

    "This will be a late-night talk show format, with a live audience, that features both stand-up comedy, musical guests, and local interviews in Alexandria. The owner wants the show title to be preceeded by "The Old Town Theater's 9:55 Club presents........(and then the name of the show). Looking for a catchy name that will be easy to market, remember and advertise!"

    So get your thinking caps on.. cause there's $50 greenbacks on the table for the winner!!!

    Went to the gym last nite and ran 2 miles.. actually I was really overheated and stopped running the last .3 of a mile... Cooled down a bit.. said to myself "Self.. I am NOT going to quit.. I WILL run 2 miles!!! and decided to sprint the last 3 tenths.. YEA! So I've run 4 miles this week! yea me!

    I really want to get another tattoo sometime soon.. I think I actually want to add to my already existing tattoo... make it bigger and more beautiful.. want to get a ladybug too.. there's this show.. 'Miami Ink' on TLC.. I watched it yesterday.. makes me want to get ink'd again.

    I made a Belated Birthday card for my friend at work Jonathan.. and he told me that it was , by far, the best card he's ever received.. how awesome is that!!!

    Whoa.. I'm chatty Cathy today huh? (No offense cath.. I'm sure you've heard this before)
    Ok well.. onward and upward into my day..
    ancora imparo "I am still learning" in Latin
    kerilyn

    PS: Peter and I are going away this weekend.. I'm excited! He won't tell me exactly what we're doing (he knows I love surprises) but he said to pack a beach towel and sunscreen... To the beach we go! (i think) He made mention of camping.. uh... I hope that's not it.. I am not a camper.. but we'll see.. I'm sad cause I wish my camera worked.. wish I could bring it with me.. but I need to return it to get fixed... poo.

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Everyone! Please, please submit a possible name for a new comedy/music/live talk show in Alexandria, VA!

    I am in need of some creative energy!!!

    So submit any and all suggestions!

    Thanks, Kerilyn, for letting me use your blog!

    10:36 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home