QUOTE FOR THIS MOMENT:

" There is nothing for you to go back and live over, or fix, or feel regret about now. Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so --now -- knowing all that you know from where you now stand, now what do you want? The answers are now coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it.." - Abraham via Jerry and Esther Hicks



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from this dreamer girl. Make your own badge here.


Youniverse Personality TestYouniverse Personality Test
  • My lists!
    Check em out!
  • My Space Profile
    It's Kerilyn!
  • Etsy - My online shop!!!!
    Benchmarks!!To the masses!!!!
  • My Tumblr List
    Attempts to be more social!
  • A Show of Hands
    My First Shop here in Alexandria!
  • Faces Day Spa!
    Hilton Head, SC
  • MY AUNTIES WEBSITE!!!
    It Runs in the Family!!!
  • The Paper Doll
    A Kindred Spirit for Sure!
  • Kyra's Brilliance
    Kyra's Blog/Creative Entries
  • WhyKyra.com
    Kyra's portfolio site
  • HAPPY NEWS!!! 24 HOURS A DAY!!!
    When your tired of who's right and wrong..and who's hurting who...
  • PostSecret
    Anonyomous Secrets - Postcard Style!!!
    Some of them are VERY heavy.. beware!
  • Wish Jar Journal
    You'll find inspiration here!!
  • Kim's Suitcase
    Check out her illustrations,her journal, and her photos!!SO inspiring!
  • Johanna Wright
    Talented Artist Chic..
  • Washington Post
    Article on the Art Community in Washington DC
  • Explorations
  • High/Low

    Daily goings on in my consistantly metamorphasizing life.. trying to figure life out.. as it throws me around a bit. Enjoy!

    "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

    Tuesday, December 20, 2005

    High/Low 12.20.05

    Hey....

    Tuesday.. five days left till the big man in red comes... u ready? I'm not.. I am ready though.. for a few days off... and the ease of traffic that everyone going out of town brings... it's chilly outside today.. brr..

    Last nite I went to the first gathering of a local knitting/craft circle... last nite it was all knitters.. and truthfully.. I was the oldest there.. the average age was 23. So cool to see younger people do stuff like this... to be creative. I felt a little old at first... they talked at length about college.. and the college world... they spoke like young 20 somethings.. with the world at their feet.. they can accomplish everything... Man.. I had that... and then lay off and lay off and lay off and the "real world" ... it was kinda nice... to hear them talk about what they want to do with their lives... and awkward because i know that somewhere in that dreamy talk.. is the outcome.. which doesn't usually add up to what we expected in our heads... Made me a little sad... I got a bit farther on my skarf... I'm psyched.. one of the girls, Kate, is an experienced knitter.. and she's going to teach me how to cable knit.. woo hoo.. cool scarves for everyone! At the end.. we talked about art.. and Annsley the originator of the circle.. remembered I made cards.. so I showed the group.. they LOVED THEM!!! I was floating on cloud nine!!! That was really the highlight of my day.. At that halfway mark last nite.. i was thinking "i'm not sure i'm going to go again.. i'm so much older.. can't relate to them" but I walked away thinking.. "we'll give it a try.. maybe I can impart some good advice along the way".. and.. learn how to cable knit.

    Work was good.. I definitely feel less panicky.. good to be around the other designers again.. hear that they too.. feel overwhelmed.. and how they handle it.. My one designer co-worker.. Kellee (Kel-eee) she and i have been getting to know each other.. she is tres cool.. Today i go to Herndon.. i'm going to be busy today... tonite.. is the gym.

    My car is making a rattling noise.. sounds like the struts.. i called the salesman who sold me my car.. he's going to try to help.. so it can be fixed under warranty.. which would be SWEET!!!!

    ok.. have a good day.
    onward and upward.
    kerilyn

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home