QUOTE FOR THIS MOMENT:

" There is nothing for you to go back and live over, or fix, or feel regret about now. Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so --now -- knowing all that you know from where you now stand, now what do you want? The answers are now coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it.." - Abraham via Jerry and Esther Hicks



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from this dreamer girl. Make your own badge here.


Youniverse Personality TestYouniverse Personality Test
  • My lists!
    Check em out!
  • My Space Profile
    It's Kerilyn!
  • Etsy - My online shop!!!!
    Benchmarks!!To the masses!!!!
  • My Tumblr List
    Attempts to be more social!
  • A Show of Hands
    My First Shop here in Alexandria!
  • Faces Day Spa!
    Hilton Head, SC
  • MY AUNTIES WEBSITE!!!
    It Runs in the Family!!!
  • The Paper Doll
    A Kindred Spirit for Sure!
  • Kyra's Brilliance
    Kyra's Blog/Creative Entries
  • WhyKyra.com
    Kyra's portfolio site
  • HAPPY NEWS!!! 24 HOURS A DAY!!!
    When your tired of who's right and wrong..and who's hurting who...
  • PostSecret
    Anonyomous Secrets - Postcard Style!!!
    Some of them are VERY heavy.. beware!
  • Wish Jar Journal
    You'll find inspiration here!!
  • Kim's Suitcase
    Check out her illustrations,her journal, and her photos!!SO inspiring!
  • Johanna Wright
    Talented Artist Chic..
  • Washington Post
    Article on the Art Community in Washington DC
  • Explorations
  • High/Low

    Daily goings on in my consistantly metamorphasizing life.. trying to figure life out.. as it throws me around a bit. Enjoy!

    "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

    Wednesday, October 06, 2004

    High/Low 10.6.04

    hola mi senoritas y senors...

    how art thou? Is it Friday yet? dang.. it's not. well it's official.. officially chilly out.. officially the break out the sweaters and lightweight jackets season.. put away the flip flops (a move I resist till I HAVE to) and break out the knee high stockings. It's FALL. I have a feeling this fall might prove to be a very good one.. I can sense some changes around the corner.. and what a great time for change.. love it!

    High: First off.. I went to this Interior Design trade show in Baltimore today.. originally my boss and I were going to go but my boss got in a car accident (don't worry, he's fine) and so I was able to go by myself ... was SO happy about that. My high of the work day was seeing 2 specific people at this trade show... two very genuine and beautiful people in a sea of, TO ME, those that could care LESS about others and more about their own welfare. When I saw these two kindred spirits, I felt 'so much myself'. I look forward to getting to know them more in the coming months.. I called the woman at the Corcoran today.. and she called me back!!! She's going to call me on Monday (she is out of town till then) to set up an appointment!!! WOO HOO!! Getting her message tonite was like hearing I won something.. fingers crossed!!!! and THEN.. I had a date tonite.. a tall drink of water (6'3") named Lee.. a fellow former New Yorker... I had a great time..went to eat yummy food.. he loves to read.. (love that) and is a cutie pie... (is that dorky to say? cutie pie?) anyway.. I'm looking forward to our next date already!!

    Low: That trade show.. eww.. I was surrounded by Interior Designers.. talking Interior Design.. something I really.. have no yearning to talk about.. True.. I am completely intrigued with the things I saw.. the fabrics, furniture, etc.. but seeing all these pretentious, stuck up people.. COMPLETELY reconfirmed my distaste for my profession..and actually made me so happy that my passion for it has morphed into something more for me. Maybe I feel this way because I feel my spirit has been broken with respect to design.. going thru 5 jobs in 5 years.. but part of it is the fact that for the most part.. and this I didn't really, honestly know.. how much Interior Design involves dealing with superficial and sometimes mean people (Davina, Jen Nelson, Shannon, Mehri, Megghan .... KNOW I am not talking about you AT ALL!!!!) I was at this show.. like almost repulsed.

    Anyway.. as I ramble.. I wish it was Thursday nite.. and tomorrow was Friday.. I'm ready for this weekend.. ya know what??? I have Monday off! Columbus Day!! Woo hoo! (I have been feeling lately like I'm always taking a day off.. but ya know what.. this one is paid!) k.. I'm off to bed.
    thanks for listening my friends.
    ancora imparo - "I am still learning" in Latin.
    love you all,
    kerilyn

    "If you wish to glimpse inside a human soul and get to know a man, don't bother analyzing his ways of being silent, of talking, of weeping, of seeing how much he is moved by noble ideas; you will get better results if you just watch him laugh. If he laughs well, he's a good man."-- Feodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky

    "Total self-esteem requires total and unconditional acceptance of yourself. You are a unique and worthy individual, regardless of your mistakes, defeats and failures, despite what others may think, say or feel about you or your behavior. If you truly accept and love yourself, you won't have a driving need for attention and approval. Self-esteem is a genuine love of self. Stop all adverse value judging of yourself. Stop accepting the adverse value judgments of others. Purge yourself of all condemnation, shame, blame, guilt & remorse."-- Unknown

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Kyra said...

    Yeah! I'm so glad you're going to set up an appointment at the Corocoran (sp?). Can't wait to hear about it. Love,
    K

    9:04 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home