QUOTE FOR THIS MOMENT:

" There is nothing for you to go back and live over, or fix, or feel regret about now. Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so --now -- knowing all that you know from where you now stand, now what do you want? The answers are now coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it.." - Abraham via Jerry and Esther Hicks



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from this dreamer girl. Make your own badge here.


Youniverse Personality TestYouniverse Personality Test
  • My lists!
    Check em out!
  • My Space Profile
    It's Kerilyn!
  • Etsy - My online shop!!!!
    Benchmarks!!To the masses!!!!
  • My Tumblr List
    Attempts to be more social!
  • A Show of Hands
    My First Shop here in Alexandria!
  • Faces Day Spa!
    Hilton Head, SC
  • MY AUNTIES WEBSITE!!!
    It Runs in the Family!!!
  • The Paper Doll
    A Kindred Spirit for Sure!
  • Kyra's Brilliance
    Kyra's Blog/Creative Entries
  • WhyKyra.com
    Kyra's portfolio site
  • HAPPY NEWS!!! 24 HOURS A DAY!!!
    When your tired of who's right and wrong..and who's hurting who...
  • PostSecret
    Anonyomous Secrets - Postcard Style!!!
    Some of them are VERY heavy.. beware!
  • Wish Jar Journal
    You'll find inspiration here!!
  • Kim's Suitcase
    Check out her illustrations,her journal, and her photos!!SO inspiring!
  • Johanna Wright
    Talented Artist Chic..
  • Washington Post
    Article on the Art Community in Washington DC
  • Explorations
  • High/Low

    Daily goings on in my consistantly metamorphasizing life.. trying to figure life out.. as it throws me around a bit. Enjoy!

    "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

    Monday, August 01, 2005

    High/Low 8.1.05

    Mornin' Mornin' Mornin'!!!

    How are ya this Monday mornin? Good weekend? It hasn't been as humid in this area.. so the evenings have been quite nice.. thankfully butI hear that it's going back up to the stifling temperatures by Wednesday... eww.

    The lower humidity made for a lovely time on Friday nite.. outdoor film festival where Naomi and I saw shrek... and no rain too!!! It was a funny movie (I've never seen) and nice to be outside..

    Saturday was my event at Chapel.. so I wasn't going to be around when the window installers came.. my event went well.. felt good... Thanks Bertha, Little Star, Dr. Issac, Green Turtle, Red Oak, Nicodemus and everyone else.. When I came home from Chapel.. the new windows were put in already!!! Wow.. that was quick!! It took them a few more hours to secure and caulk them.. all the whiles Pez is safely in the basement.. when all was said and done.. the windows look absolutely AMAZING!!! wow.. what a difference.. the house feels somewhat more put together... feels more complete for some reason.. i love it!!! They forgot to order a frosted tempered glass for the window in the shower.. so I have to get frosted contact paper and put on the window until the replacement window comes in. (I tried going to Home Depot last nite.. but they were closed, Sunday.. so I took a shower this morning with the lights off.. so noone could see me.. lol) Saturday nite, went to Naomi's comedy gig.. she was GREAT!!! MUCH more relaxed!!! So nice to hear... the headliner, on the other hand.. whoa.. this big, 6'5", mid-50's ANGRY clown/comic.. clown outfit and makeup on his face... it was intimidating.. but i think he liked it that way.. very vulgar.. i was actually mesmerized by his self centered ness.. and his anger... which is fear.. it was like an experience into fear.. and how it can make someone miserable.. if it TOTALLY took over someone's life.. Now.. I know that he's putting on a front.. to be on stage.. but I wonder how much his every day life reflects his act... whoa..

    Sunday was cleaning..dusting... organizing.. little bit of dancing.. Naomi and I went to breakfast.. and then went to go see "Must love dogs'... eh.. I liked the movie.. but the story line wasn't strong enough.. it was kinda all over the place.. but Diane Lane is SO Classy.. so Beautiful!!! and John Cusack.. well.. he's a classic too.. in a real way. Then one of my best friends, Matthew arrived.. driving thru town on his way out of town... and we went to eat.. yummy sweet potato fries at Luna Grill...and Mango Ice Tea! Yum! Went to DC to pick up piece of jewelry that my friend Steph fixed for a co-worker.. then came home.. I was pooped!!! Still am..

    Still haven't heard from the Art Institute yet..but I am praying/meditating on it.. and I have faith that what is supposed to happen.. will.. So no worries!

    I guess my only contemplative thoughts this weekend that I will share.. is that I've been thinking that I need to go out and have more fun.. doing things that make me happy, yes.. but just trying to work on having a bigger social life.. My life has changed a bit.. with respect to my circle of friends..I'm not upset by it.. feel content actually..but innately I am a social person.. and I have been thinking that there is so much to do in this area.. that I wish to be more active.. take more pictures.. I don't think I'll ever be one to go out every nite on the weekends.. go clubbing and get sloshed.. but just to be more active.. we'll see..

    I have a LOT to do in order to prepare for the party on August 13th.. MOST of which involves weeding.. preparing the outside for my white lights and tiki torches.. this upcoming weekend, besides seeing my mom and dad on Sunday.. and possibly hanging out with my friend Joe.. I am homebound.. with weedwacker in hand!

    ok.. in an attempt to make myself even happier today (I feel pretty good already)

    3 things that make me happy: (grr.. formatting messed up.. oh well)
    1. going to bed knowing that the house is clean.. feeling like everything is in place
    2. when you have one expectation of something.. and it turns out to be much better than you expected it to be!
    3. sitting with the thought that I'm getting older.. and the fact that I can see my wisdom from past experiences.. makes me stop and think about the roads I've travelled (beliefs I've had and changed over the years) that have brought me to today.

    2 things I'm looking forward to today:

    - Coming home tonite.. to my beautiful home.
    - the possiblity of hearing from the Art Institute

    2 long term things I am looking forward to:
    - Cleaning my closets of the months of dissarray and strewn clothes..
    - The first day of fall where it's chilly.. and you wake up on the weekend and feel that crispness in the air. First day of sweaters.


    1 person I am going to appreciate:
    Matthew - we have been friends a LONG time.. been thru a lot.. and he's still around.. and we're still learning about each other.. and the capacity to look back and see how far we've come.. and how many possibilties lie before us still..


    k.. gotta run.. gotta get ready for the day, make smoothie, etc...
    onward and upward
    kerilyn
    ancora imparo "I am still learning" in Latin

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    aw...you're gonna make me blush...but, uh..ya know...you're not so bad yourself...

    2:43 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home